MySpace Updates Profile Pages with Sleek New UI Design
I just logged into my MySpace account recently and got a shock when I found that my profile page had an uplift in designs. I should congratulate them on their great work effort which reflects from a statement they made about their plan for the future.
Here are a few features you can find on the update profiles:
- A left navigation: Profile navigation has been compacted into the left hand navigation menu under the profile picture.
- Streaming focus: The site’s version of the newsfeed — is the focus of the the new profiles. You can view a user’s recent activity, comment on items and share content with friends.
- A vastly enhanced User Interface: No doubt about it, the new profiles present better design than their forerunners, surely a threat to other social networks (don’t you think?)
- Social Sharing: ahh! More social icons for people to share your profile to the world. Isn’t sharing just caring?
- Flickr: A flickr gallery located on to showcase on your right sidebar.
This is simply a new direction of MySpace which is fair to say still in testing phase – confirmed by MySpace.
“We’re testing a new look and feel of our site among users and the response so far has been positive,” …”As always, we’re interested in hearing feedback from our community as we roll out enhancements to the user experience and look forward to sharing more details with you in the coming weeks.”