Mozilla|Challenges designers to create an iPhone Skin Design for Firefox Home!
“Home is Where the Phone is”
The competition by Mozilla celebrates the launch of the latest Firefox Home software application for the iPhone (and iPod Touch) which provides the users access to their Firefox history, bookmarks and tabs. Your mission is to create a design that may be made into the “Official Mozilla iPhone skins.”
The Creative brief preview >> (Think about a design that encompasses themes such as..)
- Home sweet home! Access your favorite parts of the Web anytime and anywhere.
- Enjoy the convenience of leveraging your Firefox browsing history.
- Comforts of your web. Your private data is protected and always with you.
- We DO NOT want images of phones or any text in the design.
- Aim for creative designs that are thematic and abstract.
- You MUST incorporate the Firefox Home logo in your design (please adhere to our style guide and do not modify the logo).
- Using the Firefox logo in your design is discouraged.
- >> Read the FULL Creative Brief on their website
A Mozilla team will select the top 5 designs and the community will have 2 weeks to vote on the winner. The top 5 designs will be evaluated on creativity of the design, effectiveness at communicating key themes, and adherence to the above creative brief. Winners will also be highlighted on the Creative Collective homepage, blogs and will stand a chance to be featured on the Mozilla website as the official merchandise (and as a bonus) earning an extra special recognition with the Champion of the Collective badge.
To determine which designs may be manufactured into iPhone skins, an expert panel of judges will take into consideration the community favorites as well as how well the design(s) uphold the Firefox Home vision.
Submit your designs before August 15, 2010 at 11:59:59 PM PDT (GMT -7 hours).
Voting begins on August 23, 2010 at 12:00:00 AM PDT (GMT -7 hours).