Have you ever had printer driver issues?
A few days ago, I tried connecting my Acer laptop
(Windows 7 64bit) to the office’s HP Laserjet 1200 printer, via LAN network which runs on Windows XP. Although the printer icon appears on my ‘Network’, I was still required to install the driver.
I’m sure most of you had the same problem as I did when you were installing HP printers; Sorry to say – I had less problems with other brands.
I even looked up on different drivers for my Win 7 from the HP Support & Drivers
website and other reliable sites – I installed each one of them manually, but still I couldn’t get it to work. I then recalled reading a forum somewhere, issues regarding connection between Vistas/Win7 operating system to a Windows XP networking setup.
After a long day testing various by some helpful HP users (thanks guys!), I finally got a Solution Fix for Connecting HP Laserjet 1200 using Windows 7 via XP Network.
Follow these simple steps:
1) Go to your : “Control Panel” —> Devices and Printers
2) Add a printer
3) Add a local printer
4) Create a new port —> use (Local port) …next
5) Port name —> type your printer location: type (\\syscom\HPLaserJet) …Next
6) Install printer driver … select (Windows Update)… wait for some minutes and more
7) Select ‘HP’… then ‘LaserJet 1200 PCL 5’ from the list… next
8) Wait for some minutes or more… >> Life would not be this simple if you did not try.
All the best my friend!
Link (below) to HP Support & Drivers (Malaysia)
Was this tutorial fix helpful?
Kindly write us a comment and share your thoughts about this post with us. 😉